The Karin Dilettante is a hybrid electric four-door liftback featured in GTA 5 and GTA Online. The car that is largely based on the 2nd generation Toyota Prius sold between 2003-2009 in Japan and 2000-2003 in European and American markets. However, it has headlights from a Citroen C4, and a body shape that is more similar to the Honda Insight, with its lower roofline over the rear seat area. The taillights are very similar to that of the Buick Rendezvous.
In GTA 5, Merryweather Security personnel drive Dilettantes with unique white paint jobs and the word Patrol painted on the sides. In the multiplayer, it cannot be insured, or stored in the player’s garage. It can only be repaired, and the only modifications for it are explosives, making it a worthless vehicle to modify. It can be sold to Los Santos Customs for up to $2,500.
The Karin Dilettante is more manageable than the Prairie, especially when turning at low to moderate speeds. The combustion engine is also more noticeable in terms of sound, with a unique, almost odd firing, roary tone, alongside its single speed (CVT) gearbox. The Dilettante has considerably weak bodywork, as even low-speed crashes can result in major body deformation. It
Copy of Real Life vehicle:
2nd gen Toyota Prius
Karin Dilettante Location in GTA 5 and GTA Online:
- Very common when driving an Asterope.
- Sometimes found around Grand Senora Desert and Harmony.
- Rarely can be seen driving around Marlowe Vineyards
- Rarely spawns around Rockford Hills, Vinewood and Alta.
- The Merryweather Security version can be found patrolling various areas, such as Davis Quartz, Elysian Island and Vinewood Hills, sometimes near 3671 Whispymound Drive, any time of the day.
- The car can be bought for $25,000 from Southernsanandreassuperautos.com.