The Imponte Ruiner is a classic 2-door muscle car featured in GTA 5. The Ruiner is based on the 3rd generation GM F-Body (seen in the period’s 3rd generation Pontiac Firebird, and 3rd generation Chevrolet Camaro). It has a T-Top roof and features quad exhausts. The taillights and trunk spoiler are shaped like those of the Chevrolet Camaro, but the area between and below the taillights better resembles the Firebird, with ‘IMPONTE’ and “Ruiner 450GT” positioned where the Firebird logo would be. The ground effects on the front end are reminiscent of 1985-1990 Pontiac Trans Ams. The wheels of the Imponte Ruiner resemble those of the Mitsubishi Starion, and the added pillars on the rear window may also come from the Starion.
All Ruiners feature ‘RUINER’ decals and stripes along the lower part of the doors, much like that of the Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z, although the stripes and decals share colors with the ground effects, much like 1982-1984 Trans Ams.
The Imponte Ruiner is powered by a large 7.3L V8 engine, coupled to a high-performance 5 speed gearbox in RWD configuration. Acceleration is very good, close to cars with a much higher price tag. Its top speed of 306 km/h is also excellent, brisk, yet controllable. The suspension is moderately firm, giving the Imponte Ruiner much needed grip in the turns, while still loose enough to have some fun with. Handling-wise, the car is a stellar performer, with constant grip, little fishtailing, and a lot of torque. Braking is very good, if not among the best in its class, and ABS comes standard. Crash deformation is acceptable, but not great, the Imponte Ruiner can be disabled after only a few crashes.
GTA 5 Car: Imponte Ruiner Detailed Info and Location
$1000 (GTA Online)
Market: Los Santos Customs
Bumpers, Hood, Fenders, Grille, Spoiler, Exhaust, Turbo
Copy of Real Life vehicle:
3rd generation GM F-Body, Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
Imponte Ruiner Location in GTA 5 and GTA Online:
- Spawns around Strawberry, Rockford Hills, Little Seoul, and Davis.
- The Imponte Ruiner spawns more frequently when driving a Phoenix, Mower, or beater Emperor.
- Occasionally spawns in Sandy Shores.
- One can be obtained in a random event at the Chamberlain Hills petrol station.
- It is more common at the start of the game, and significantly harder to find after completion of the main story line.
- A red one spawns at the location where you first meet Hao for the street races. It spawns indefinitely until you approach Hao for the first race. Since it always spawns in this spot until the race is started, Franklin can acquire one and go back to start the race.
- Found outside many Los Santos Customs, usually heavily modified (Xbox One/PS4).
- In Grand Theft Auto Online, the Imponte Ruiner sells for $1,000 in Los Santos Customs.