The Maibatsu Penumbra is a 2-door sports coupe in GTA 5. The design of the Penumbra is clearly based on the 4th generation model Mitsubishi Eclipse SE (2006-2012). The sides of the Penumbra feature the common Japanese geometric styling and the flared front quarter area is where a long, straight body line begins at about half the car’s height. The main body line runs parallel to the bottom edge of the side windows of the car. The grille is styled from a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X.
The Maibatsu Penumbra is powered by a low revving V6-Engine that sends power to the wheels in a front engine, rear wheel drive layout, contrasting with the FF layout of the Mitsubishi Eclipse GT and Eclipse SE. The low-revving V6 Engine might be inspired from Eclipse SE’s large 3.8L V6-engine. Despite the car’s sporty appearance, performance is only just above average. The top speed of the Maibatsu Penumbra is satisfactory, as it is comparable to the speed of a Ubermacht Sentinel. After modification, its top speed is close to that of a Schyster Fusilade, meaning a large improvement. Acceleration however, is rather unsatisfactory.
GTA 5 Car: Maibatsu Penumbra
Hood, Roof, Bumpers, Roll Cage, Skirts, Grille, Spoiler, Exhaust, Turbo
Copy of Real Life Vehicle:
GTA 5 Penumbra Location:
- The vehicle sometimes it may spawn driven around Alta, Vinewood and Rockford Hills.
- Found In front of Grove Street Garage, especially when loading the game.
- When switching to Trevor Philips, he might spawn chasing a damaged Maibatsu Penumbra through the Los Santos River while driving his Bodhi (or any vehicle that the player previously acquired before switching to Michael or Franklin and back to Trevor without getting Wasted or Busted while playing as either of the former two).
- The Maibatsu Penumbra first seen driven by Hao, waiting for Franklin at the starting point of the Chamberlain Hills street race.
- The car can be bought for $24,000 from Southernsanandreassuperautos.com as of GTA patch 1.13.