The Obey Tailgater is a four-door, mid-size executive sedan in GTA 5. This car features styling elements that have been inspired by the Audi A6 for the overall body design, and the Audi A8 for the headlamp units, grille, lower body bulge and ten-spoke wheels. However, the quarter panel bulges appeared to have been inspired by the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X. The rear end of the vehicle mostly draws its inspiration from the B7 Audi A4. The taillight units are inspired by the FG Ford Falcon.
The front end of the Obey Tailgater features a dominant grille which decreases in width as it gets closer to the lower edge of the bumper, unlike Audi models, this grille only occupies the upper half of the front face. This grille has rounded chrome edges and two horizontal chrome strips. Either side of this grille, the headlamp units have sharp edges and multiple geometric LED formations.. The main body area features a variety of curves. Close to the base of the body there is a large bulge that spans almost the entire wheelbase. Above that, at around mid-body height, a straight line connects the front quarter bulge to the rear quarter bulge. Above the straight line, a curve that runs parallel with the lower edge of the windows is visible. The greenhouse features very thin B and C pillars, which appear to be covered by a polymer. The D pillars of the car are very long, with the intention of creating an elegant appearance. The rear quarter area features a bulge around the wheel arch similar to that found at the front. The Obey Tailgater features split 10-spoke wheels, wrapped in low profile tyres.
Surprisingly enough for a sedan, the Obey Tailgater has performance that is on par with most sports cars. Its engine may be inspired to Volkswagen Group’s V6 engine, which is used in many Audi vehicles in real life. With a V6 engine, the Obey Tailgater has a good top speed and acceleration. Its engine may be inspired to Volkswagen Group’s V6 engine, which is used in many Audi vehicles in real life. Acceleration and top speed are both above average, able to hold ground against sportier vehicles such as the Dewbauchee Exemplar or Ocelot F620. It has decent grip at low to moderate speeds, but can understandably begin to understeer without use of the brakes. It is fairly durable, even in regard to deformation damage. It takes several hard blows to the engine to begin drawing smoke, and can take a couple more hits than most other vehicles before any wheels become stuck. The Obey Tailgater shares its engine sound with the Surano, Sentinel, Gresley, and Schafter.
GTA 5 Car: Obey Tailgater Detailed Info and Location
Bumpers, Hood, Roof, Fenders, Grille, Skirts, Spoiler, Exhaust, Turbo
Copy of Real Life vehicle:
Audi A6, Audi A8
Obey Tailgater Location in GTA 5:
- Found at Sandy Shores Airfield between Bury the Hatchet and Fresh Meat.
- At the end of Eye In The Sky, two Obey Tailgaters will be left in the hangar, Franklin is instructed to take any of them, to drive away from the airport.
- After completing the mission Complications you can take one of the Obey Tailgaters parked in the Premium Deluxe Motorsport shop and drive it.
- Parked in front of Michael’s mansion in Rockford Hills as this is Michael’s own vehicle. Michael’s Tailgater will be parked nearby every time the player switches to Michael, too.
It is not directly available after Fresh Meat but if the player drives away from Michael’s house and back then it will spawn again.
- In the Strangers and Freaks mission Unknowing the Truth, there’s a unique Obey Tailgater painted on the Epsilon Program baby blue color and with the custom plates K1FFLOM. It is obtainable after completing the mission, if you choose not to deliver the money.
- Spawns more often in the next-gen version of GTA 5, therefore no longer a rare vehicle.
- The Obey Tailgater can be bought from Southernsanandreassuperautos.com for $55,000 in Grand Theft Auto Online.