The Fathom FQ 2 is a midsize luxury crossover SUV found in GTA 5. The design of this car appears to be influenced by the North American styling found on the second generation Infiniti FX. The front end features headlamps similar to that of the 2004-2010 Mercedes Benz CLS-class. The tailamps bears resemblance of that Kia Optima (K5).
The Fathom FQ 2 has decent handling and sub-par acceleration, as to be expected. The suspension is more focused on comfort, however the FQ 2 is enjoyable to drive on a winding back-road. Brakes are very weak on FQ 2, and it takes a long distance to come to a stop even from a moderate speed. The top speed is surprising better than a handful of other SUVs out there.
In the Strangers and Freaks mission ‘The Sex Tape’, Beverly Felton drives an Fathom FQ 2 with the unique plate ‘P4P4R4ZO’. It seems the vehicle can’t be taken and kept during that mission, and at this point I’m not sure if it reappears in any of his other mission.
GTA 5 Car: Fathom FQ 2 Detailed Info and Location
Market: Los Santos Customs
Copy of Real Life vehicle:
Fathom FQ 2 Location in GTA 5 and GTA Online:
- Spawns mostly in Downtown Los Santos or Vinewood Hills.
- Spawns very often at Sandy Shores.
- Spawns sometimes in Rockford Hills and Davis.
- Spawns at Big House Storage Inc. on Autopia Parkway from the district of Los Santos International Airport.
- Spotted on the road, Northern Blaine County, Paleto Bay, in front of the Paleto Bay Hospital.
- During Beverly’s Strangers and Freaks mission Paparazzo – The Sex Tape and with a unique License Plate ‘P4P4R4ZO’.
- The Fathom FQ 2 is a common vehicle, more so when it’s being requested by Simeon Yetarian for his Import/Export Garage.
- In Grand Theft Auto Online, The FQ 2 sells for $5,000 in Los Santos Customs.